John Frank Kohli, PharmD., R.Ph.
- Midwestern University College of Pharmacy
- Doctor of Pharmacy with high distinction
Ohio Northern University
- Community Pharmacy Practice Resident
The Apothecary Shops, Scottsdale, AZ
Midwestern University College of Pharmacy-Glendale, AZ
- Infectious Disease, April 2006
Lima Memorial Hospital, Lima, OH
- Academia, March 2006
Ohio Northern University Ada, OH
- Geriatrics, February 2006
Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center, Findlay, OH
- Psychiatry, January 2006
Indian River Memorial Hospital, Vero Beach, FL
- Community Care, November 2005
The Medicine Shoppe, Russells Point, OH
- Ambulatory Care, October 2005
Physicians, Inc., Lima, OH
- General Medicine, September 2005
St. Rita's Medical Center, Lima, OH
- Hospital Pharmacy, August 2005
Henrico Doctors Hospital, Richmond, VA
- Pediatrics, July 2005
Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital, Cleveland, OH
- Pharmacy Director
- The Apothecary Shop, Phoenix III, Arizona (July 06-June 07)
Counsel patients concerning veterinary medicines, fertility protocols, and hormone replacement therapy; answer requests for drug information; mentor pharmacy students on advance practice rotations
- Pharmacy Intern
- Rite Aid Pharmacy, Madison, OH (Dec. 01-May 05)
Process prescriptions, compound, work with pharmacy robotics, counsel patients
- Pharmacy Technician
- Rees' Drugstore, Geneva, OH (Sept. 99-Sept. 00)
- Adjunct Assistant Professor and Clinical Pharmacist (July 2007-present)
Develop an ambulatory care practice site at The Apothecary Shops community pharmacy and teach pharmacy students at Midwestern University College of Pharmacy-Glendale
- Pharmaceutics Laboratory Instructor
- Midwestern University, Glendale, AZ (Aug 06-present)
Facilitate group discussions to review pre-assigned activities, demonstrate various compounding techniques, and assign students a grade for each laboratory
- Academic Rotation, Pharmacy Tutor
Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH (March 2006)
- Undergraduate Research
- University of Ljubljana, Slovenia (June 04)
Designed organic molecule synthesis, performed basic and advanced laboratory techniques while residing in Europe
- Teaching Assistant
- Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH (March 03-May 2004)
Assist student in anatomy and organic chemistry labs, answer questions, assist professors with grading, run chemical assays
Professional Papers and Presentations
- May 2007 "Quality Assurance in the Compounding Pharmacy"
- February 2007 "Osteoporosis Point of Care Testing"
- November 2006 "Treatment for Initial HIV-1 Infection"
- March 2006 "Erectile Dysfunction and Metabolic Syndrome"
- March 2006 "Faculty Allies Training"
- January 2006 "Zyprexa and Weight Gain"
- November 2005 "Medicare Part D"
July 2005 "Colistimethate"
- March 2005 "What is a drug?"
- January 2005 "Synthesis of a nitroxide free radical for electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy"
- October 2004 "Synthesis of a nitroxide free radical for electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy"
- October 2004 "A Journey Back to the Old Country"
- February 2004 "Acute Mountain Sickness"
- October 2003 "Cyproheptadine or mirtazapine for appetite suppression"
- May 2003 "Antibiotic resistance and plasmid isolation of Escerichia coli"
- February 2003 "Mexilitine for Diabetic Neuropathy"
- February 2003 "A review of case reports involving 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) toxicity leading to hyperthermia and rhabdomyolysis"
- National Community Pharmacists Association Student Chapter Co-Advisor
- American Pharmacists Association Member
New Practitioner Mentor for Midwestern University College of Pharmacy, Glendale, AZ
- Arizona Pharmacy Alliance New Practitioners Chair
Assist with new practitioner development
- Perform as ensemble member in Fiddler on the Roof and The Music Man, December 2007